- Welfare is different for each animal
Article in Hoard’s Dairyman. July 2, 2018.
- Beyond health: Considerations for promoting good welfare in dairy calves
Vita Plus Starting Strong blog post. June 27, 2018.
- Cows — not issues — black and white
Article in The Watertown Daily Times. June 27, 2018.
- The Dairyland Initiative Youngstock Facility Design Workshop
Video chat with Tina Kohlman, UW-Extension Fond du Lac County. May 7, 2018.
- New faculty profile: Jennifer Van Os specializes in animal welfare
Article by eCALS, University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Agricultural & Life Sciences. May 14, 2018.
- New UW-Madison Dairy Science professor looks at animal welfare
Article in The Country Today. April 23, 2018.
- Dr. Jennifer Van Os – UW Madison Extension Specialist Animal Welfare
Radio interview on WAXX 104.5, Talkin’ With Bob & Kristin. April 20, 2018.
- Researchers look at ins and outs of potty training calves
Article by The Western Producer. March 23, 2017.
- Using low-flow cooling systems can reduce water use without compromising animal welfare
Press release for Journal of Dairy Science. May 16, 2016.
(Distributed via ScienceDaily, AAAS EurekAlert!, ADSA Dair-e-News, Phys.org, AlphaGalileo, Health Medicine Network)
- Researchers help dairy farmers cool cows more efficiently, use less water
Article in Science News, United Press International. May 16, 2016.
(Distributed via SeedDaily)
- Cooling cows efficiently with water spray
Article in (e) Science News. May 16, 2016.
- Study of cow soakers looks at how to cut down on water
Article in AgAlert: The Weekly Newspaper for California Agriculture by Dennis Pollock. May 27, 2015.
- Recognizing Cow Heat Stress & How Much Water to Apply Through Soakers
Video interview with California Ag Network (YouTube video, 2:39). April 22, 2015.
- Manifestazioni comportamentali legate allo stress da caldo (Behavioral signs of heat stress).
Article in Mastitis Council Italia. February 25, 2015.